It went pretty well. Nothing crashed (at least, not too badly) and few calls/e-mails to the helpdesk. Now, I&TS has a little time to get ready for the Spring term.
We're taking the weeks between classes to upgrade some of the computers in the labs. We've started in Hines 116; computers there now have upgraded memory, LCD monitors, and new desks (for some). Here's what they look like:
A few new things about the setup:
- The keyboard and mouse are in a drawer.
- The monitor is recessed to give you a full desktop to work on.
- There's a cable to plug in your USB device like a flash drive. No need to crawl around underneath.
- There's also a cable for Internet connection. You can plug in your laptop and be able to go on the network.
- Computers can't use these new cables to print documents.
We'll be putting this setup in other labs in the next few weeks.