Siena's e-mail system does support a connection with a smartphone like a Palm, Blackberry, or iPhone. While we can't give detailed instructions, setup is generally easy.
Most phones have a setup utility to help with setup. They ask you for your e-mail address and password and can figure out the setting from that.
If that doesn't work, you can do it manually. Here are a few tips:
- If there's a "Microsoft Exchange Server" option, use that.
- If there's no "Microsoft Exchange Server" option, select "POP3" as the protocol.
- The incoming mail server is "imail.siena.edu."
- The outgoing mail server is "smtp.siena.edu."
- The connection should be using SSL security. There is generally a check box for that.
- If a log-in name is asked, don't include "@siena.edu."
It may take some fiddling with manual information to get things to work. You may have to contact your phone provider to find out what you need to do.