Sometimes it takes months to solve a problem, but when you're done, it's a great feeling.
Back in July, we bought a site license for some software. And to deploy it, we wanted to be able to push it out -- not going from computer to computer. The problem is that it's more than just running the software; we needed to put in the license key and everything, plus make sure it installed without any intervention. I tried using some packaging software, but it never worked right.
Then, a couple of weeks ago, I got a demo version of Macrovision's AdminStudio. What a difference.
But it's not easy. Packaging is complicated, and the software assumes a much greater technical knowledge than I have. However, after a lot of trial and error and messing around, I managed to get a package created, and to test an installation.
Of course, the first thing was a notice that there had been an upgrade. :(
More practice, but now I think we're set. Next will be a real bear: iTunes.