But how do you know it's a virus or spyware? Here are some tips:
It is a virus if
- I&TS has shut off your Internet connection.
In this case, and this case only, I&TS may want to double check that your computer is clean before allowing you on the network.
It is spyware if
- You get popups that display even when you aren't browsing the web.
- You can't reach certain websites.
- Your home page has changed and won't change back to the right one.
If you have these symptoms, you can contact the Call Center at x2573 for advice on how to fix it. I&TS will not look at your computer, but we will give you advice on how to fix the problem yourself.
It's not a virus or spyware if
- You cannot reach your desktop.
- The hard drive is making unusual noise.
- There are problems with peripheral devices like flash drives, printers, etc.
- There is a problem with the monitor display
If your problem is of this nature, you should contact your computer manufacturer.